Thursday, March 16, 2006

Selling Wool in 1908


Today my Dad is selling wool.
My uncle and I are helping him.
We live on the East coast and there is no port close by.
We take the wagon down to the beach and
Park the wagon in the water and hold the boat close to the wagon while my Dad rolls the bales on the surf-boat.
The sailors have to do about 5 loads but there are two surf-boats so when we have loaded one the other boat will be coming in to the beach.
Then the sailors load the wool bales on the ship and sail away.
Then we go home in the wagon.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rachel Whalley said...

It's a bit easier selling wool these days! Do you have sheep on your farm? How does he sell his wool - or what is it you grow on your farm? I enjoyed the day i came to your school last year and we watched the kids help with docking the lambs in the paddock next door.

4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home